The midsize truck you grew up loving is making a comeback in 2019. Yup, that’s right, the Ford Ranger will begin production in 2018. While the Ranger has been available in other countries for a long time, it has been 8 years since you could purchase a brand new model in the US.
“Ranger has always held a special place in the hearts of truck fans. The all-new Ranger is designed for today’s midsize truck buyer, delivering even more utility, capability and technology for those who blend city living with more off-the-grid adventures on weekends.” -Hau Thai-Tang, Ford executive vice president, Product Development and Purchasing.
What’s new for the 2019 Ranger? Glad you asked! Here’s the scoop…
Key Features / Specs:
- 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- FX4 Off-Road Package
- Manufactured at Ford’s Michigan Assembly Plant
- 8-inch touch screen for the available SYNC® 3 system
- High-strength steel frame
- Frame-mounted skid plates
- Available in 2WD or 4WD
- Dana® AdvanTEK® independent front and solid rear axles
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Optional LED headlamps and taillamps
The new 2019 Ford Ranger will be available in entry-level XL, mid-level XLT and high-level Lariat trim series with available Chrome and Sport appearance and FX Off-Road packages, and in SuperCab or SuperCrew cab configurations.
As with many of the details… availability and pricing haven’t yet been announced, however we’re hoping the new Ranger will come in around $25,000. Stay tuned to BW for more updates on the 2019 Ranger!