Joe Rocket is one of our favorite brands here at Busted Wallet. The quality, design, and durability of their jackets are among the top in their class. The new Egomaniac Jacket is another example of how they keep improving the design and comfort of the textile jackets with bonus features that may even surprise you (in a good way).
- Water resistant treated Rock Tex™ 600 outer shell
- C.E. approved armor in shoulders & elbows
- Removable Spine Pad
- Removable insulated jacket for warmth, wearable off the bike
- Removable waterproof breathable liner
- Variable Flow™ ventilation system
- CCW pockets in outer shell, left & right draw
- 2 wide elastic straps to keep weapon secure
- Reinforced fabric to avoid printing
- 3 outside pockets, 2 internal CCW pockets
- 2 pockets (insulated jacket)
- 6-point Sure Fit™ custom adjustment system
- 360˚ Reflective logos & trim
- Heavy duty YKK® zippers on the main and removable panels
- Full Flex™ articulated elbows & upper back for increased mobility
- Removable Rock Tex™ lower sleeve and back panels for maximum ventilation
- Large lower back storage pocket for removable Rock Tex™ panels
The Egomaniac Jacket is more like 3 jackets in 1. The water resistant treated Rock Tex™ 600 outer shell is the textile exterior that gives this jacket its maneuverability, comfort, and protection. The removable insulated jacket adds another layer of warmth and is stylish enough to wear while off the bike and around town. The removable waterproof and breathable liner adds another layer of warmth and can also be sported while off the bike, but you may look like a slim astronaut (if you’re in to that type of style).
The outer shell has both left & right draw CCW pockets and a large lower back storage pocket for removable Rock Tex™ panels. There are also 2 wide elastic straps to secure a hand gun for those sketchy areas where you need the other type of protection. All of this can be zipped up with the heavy duty YKK® zippers on the main and removable panels. The 6-point Sure Fit™ custom adjustment system allows you to customize the fit in several areas for riding or while off the bike. More and more storage is available with 2 pockets on the insulated jacket if you decide to rock it solo.
Aside for the relaxed (yet durable) fit with the textile material, the variable Flow™ ventilation system makes riding in warmer weather much more comfortable. There are also removable Rock Tex™ lower sleeve and back panels for even more ventilation. The Full Flex™ articulated elbows & upper back allow for increased mobility so there’s no restraint while leaning forward, back, or into those curves.
Protection & Durability
One of the great features with Joe Rocket jackets, is that they come with C.E. approved armor in shoulders & elbows. No need to purchase those separately. The armor is hardly noticeable but can be removed if you decide to risk it. I’ll tell you from experience, it pays to have armor in all the right places. For even more protection, there is a removable Spine Pad and reinforced fabric to avoid printing. The 360˚ reflective logos & trim are great while riding at night and allow for more visibility for other drivers on the road.
You get a lot for your money when purchasing a Joe Rocket jacket. The Egomaniac Jacket is one of the best “bang for your buck” jackets that just hit the market. With a 3 in 1 jacket and all the little features that come along with it, you have an awesome range for adjustability to make sure you get the exact fit and comfort for long or short rides.
- Excellent Protection
- Plenty of Ventilation
- Adjustable fit with 3 separate layers