When it comes to riding a motorcycle, we all want to be protected, comfortable, and sport some style. Thanks to Joe Rocket, we have a great lineup of Moto gear that encompasses all three for an affordable price. From top to bottom, we picked out some of the best motorcycle gear for riding, especially during this cold weather season.
Joe Rocket Classic ’92 Jacket
- Top stitched drum dyed cowhide
- Armor pockets
- Removable quilted full sleeve liner
- 2 inside utility pockets
- 5 exterior pockets
- Adjustable neoprene-lined collar
- Adjustable waist and cuffs
- 1.5″ Storm flap at main zipper
- YKK® zippers through-out
- External zippered key pocket
Like most motorcycle jacket’s that are made of genuine leather and come “armor ready”, you can assume there is a good amount of stiffness that comes with them to help keep the shape. While there is some degree of a “break-in” period that comes with this jacket, there is still a comfortable amount of moveability right from the package thanks to the hand crafted relaxed, casual fit. The sleeves were a tad long for my arms, but the added length proved useful when stretching out and cranking the throttle back while riding.
Working from the top down, the neoprene-lined madarin collar is adjustable and has two separate snaps to find the right fit. The shoulders have a nice subtle single top stitching that help provide that clean look in this classic style. The two stripes across the upper sleeve and along the back help add a nice highlight and contrast. On the flip side, there are pockets for optional armor located at the shoulders, elbows and back. There are three zipper pockets (two along the chest, one on the right forearm, and two along the sides) for added item security. You can adjust the cuffs and waist using the two button strap and even remove the zip-in quilted full sleeve liner. The liner is lightweight and easy to remove and re-install. It also adds another layer of warmth and comfort when riding in colder temperatures. Plus the 1.5″ storm flap at the main zipper helps to keep your body warm and dry in not so ideal weather. There are a few different color options for this jacket.
Considering that most decent genuine leather jackets start around the $300 range, the Joe Rocket Classic ’92 Jacket packs a ton of features and style in for just $319.99. If you’re looking for a stylish and genuine leather jacket to compliment your ride and yourself, then I would highly recommend the Rocket Classic ’92.
Colorway options: Black | Cream, Black | Orange, Brown | Orange.
- Supple drum dyed Cowhide outer
- Fully bonded waterproof Dry Tech® midliner
- Lightweight 100G Thinsulate® insulation
- Integrated high density knuckle armor
- Leather reinforcements throughout
- Vibration dissipating gel palm
- Pre-curved ride-friendly design
- Articulated Full Flex™ expansion panels on fingers
- Secure hook and loop wrist closure
- Toggle and draw cord at top of cuff
Unless you have an integrated grip warmer built into your bike, you’ll want to keep your hands warm and protected with the windchill glove. This leather glove is armored, windproof, and waterproof. Made out of cowhide, it’s built for moderate to cold weather riding conditions. These gloves have a great fit and are not too bulky (considering they were made for colder riding conditions). The fit is comfortable and has a good amount of maneuverability when reaching for the clutch or twisting the throttle back. All of this comfort and protection with the style to go with it makes this one of our top choices for “must have” riding gear.
- Cowhide leather glove
- Waterproof insert
- Internal injection molded knuckle armor
- Conductive leather at the finger tip for instant touchscreen access
- High density padding on fingers and palm
- Full Flex™ expansion panel top and fingers for maximum mobility
- Zipper and snap cuff closure
If you are looking for a glove that has less bulk than the Windchill Glove, but still has the proper material to keep your hands warm and protected, then we highly recommend the Briton Glove. This glove has a Full Flex™ expansion panel for the fingers and top part, which creates more mobility for added control while riding. The cowhide leather and waterproof insert help keep your hands warm and dry while the internal injection molded knuckle armor and high density padding help protect your hands in case you have a spill. The zipper and snap cuff closure help ensure a snug fit and easy removal. Plus the conductive leather at the finger tip gives you instant touchscreen control so you don’t need to constantly remove your gloves to access your phone. Overall, I really like how these gloves look and feel. The added performance and features are great and make this glove a great buy.
Ballistic Ultra Pant
- All Season Waterproof textile pant with dual liner system
- Heavy Duty Hitena™ and Poly combination outer
- Removable Waterproof liner
- Removable Insulated liner for warmth
- Waterproof and Insulated liners can be interchanged within the outer shell to best suit weather conditions
- INNOLITE® Ultra Reflective lower leg panels
- Height adjustable C.E. Rated knee protectors
- Removable C.E. Rated hip protectors
- Two front thigh zipper vents plus two rear exhaust zipper vents
- Inseam leg zippers for easy access
- Reinforced seat overlay for additional grip and wear protection
- Full Flex™ articulated expansion panels on hips, knees and back waist
- Sure Fit™ waist adjusters for custom fit
- Two external pockets
- Melt resistant material on lower leg area
- 8″ zipper for jacket attachment
- 360° reflective visibility
This all season textile pant comes with two removable liners (waterproof and insulated), that can be interchanged within the outer shell so you can adjust as needed based on the weather conditions. The reflective leg panels on the outer shell are easily seen under headlight reflection during the day and night. Although these pants are a bit bulky, they have kept me warm in some of the coldest riding weather we’ve had here in Michigan. When the weather warms up or you need some ventilation while riding, you have two front thigh zipper vents and two rear exhaust zipper vents to get some needed circulation. One of the great features about these pants is the ability to add more protection with removable hip and knee protectors. Plus the lower leg area is made of melt resistant material in case you get too close to your exhaust or engine while riding for prolonged periods of time.
Big Bang 2.0 Boot
- 2mm, full grain, matte finish leather construction
- Molded polymeric ankle protection
- Polymeric ratchet adjustment strap with aluminum quick-lock buckle mechanism
- Reinforced shifter zone
- Triple stitching in all stress areas
- No slip sole design
- Padded ankle cuff for added comfort
- Steel lace eyelets
- Rear pull loop
- Laser etched badging
With a name like “Big Bang” you’d expect a ton of great features to be packed into this boot. Luckily that is exactly what you get with these Military style riding boots. These 2mm, full grain, matte finished leather boots come equipped with a polymeric ratchet for quick fit adjustments (and unique style). The “No Slip” sole design is excellent when riding in wet conditions. Plus the padded ankle cuff adds a good level of comfort. However, my favorite feature has to be the reinforced shifter zone pads located on the top side of the toe. Most of my boots prior to these bad boys are all scuffed up and worn down. But with the Big Bang 2.0, you not only have protection of the boot itself, but added cushion and comfort for your feet while shifting. This boot is a tad heavy, but that is expected with the durable build quality and added protected features.
Color Options: Black, Grey, or Brown