Designed to go off-road, on-road and anywhere in between, the 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 is a handsome looking truck that was built to be a workhorse. The Sierra AT4 comes standard with a factory installed 2-inch suspension lift that provides additional ground clearance and four-wheel drive with a two-speed transfer case that includes low-range four-wheel-drive gearing for extremely tough conditions. GMC also equipped the AT4 with off-road tuned Rancho monotube shock absorbers, a locking rear differential and Hill Descent Control, a driver assistance feature that leverages the anti-lock braking system to enable smooth, controlled descents on steep grades without the driver having to touch the brake pedal under certain conditions – all standard.
Speaking of standard features, check out everything that comes standard in the 2019 GMC Sierra AT4.
- 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tires or available mud terrain-rated Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tire, or available 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires
- Exclusive wheel design with machined-face, dark-tinted appearance
- Traction Select System
- GMC exclusive, industry-first MultiPro Tailgate
- Black chrome finish on the fog lamp bezels, fender surround and grille insert
- Body-color grille surround, door handles and bumper
- Exclusive athletic interior trim elements
- Red vertical recovery hooks
- Standard 5.3L V-8 engine
Key Tech Features:
- Traction Select System allows the driver to choose from preset drive modes that have been tailored for different terrain or weather conditions. Selecting one of these modes adjusts Sierra’s transmission shift points, throttle mapping and StabiliTrak to optimize performance for the situation at hand.
- Segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Display projects key, customizable vehicle data, including an off-road inclinometer, on the windshield in a 3×7-inch display. The off-road inclinometer shows the fore-and-aft tilt, front tire angle and left-and-right tilt.
- Surround Vision is available on Sierra AT4 and provides the driver with a bird’s-eye view through an overhead image on the infotainment screen. It can prove useful when slowly maneuvering in tight quarters, be it within a parking garage or out on a challenging trail.
- All-new ProGrade Trailering System with Trailering App offers a connected, comprehensive suite of trailering technology that brings more confidence to the towing experience than ever before in a Sierra.
One of the standout features we can’t get enough of is the new MultiPro Tailgate. With six different positions, it is truly an engineering masterpiece. Here’s how it works…
We’ve never seen a tailgate anything like this one. Yeah, that’s a lot of moving parts, but it is truly functional. It would be a dream on the work site for sure. Not only is the tailgate genius, but the bed is actually made of carbon fiber!
And if you’re looking for power, the 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 delivers with new versions of the proven 6.2L and 5.3L V-8 engines along with all-new Duramax 3.0L inline-six turbo-diesel engine. The available 6.2L and 3.0L engines are paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. The 5.3L and 6.2L engines feature stop/start technology and new Dynamic Fuel Management that enables the engine to operate on one to eight cylinders, depending on demand, to optimize power and efficiency.
Okay, now that you know about the truck, let take a look at the design and styling of this handsome beast…
The 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 goes on sale this fall. We’ll update you with pricing as soon as we can. Hopefully we’ll have a road review to share with you this fall as well. Stay tuned!