It’s been a little while since we last reviewed any Stio gear, however, we are back with a couple new items from their Spring collection. We weren’t able to get our hands on the great selection seen in our 2015 review, but the two items they did send, turned out to be pretty versatile. If you aren’t familiar with the Jackson hole, Wyoming company, they have quite the collection of outdoor apparel that has proven to endure and adapt to a variety of weather conditions. The Men’s CFS Shirt and Coburn Jacket are no different and have become a great addition to the Stio collection.
- Sphero™ HO Stretch Poplin, 89% Polyester 11% Spandex, 75 denier, 152 g/m2 with WR finish
- Four way stretch for maximum comfort and range of motion
- UPF 50+ provides excellent sun protection
- WR finish resists water and reduces dry time for in and out of the water activities
- Sunshade collar with hidden snaps
- Full placket with custom TPU snaps for high durability performance
- Custom Pinecone emboss TPU snaps at cuffs and chest pockets for easy adjustment
- Oversized button hole at chest pocket for sunglass stash and media cord access
- Contrast bartacks reinforce high wear seams
- Kiss cut heat transfer Stio® and Pinecone logos for comfort next to skin
Tactical doesn’t have to be ugly. The CFS Shirt proves that you can have a stylish look while boating, fishing, rowing, or just out cruising the water. One of my favorite shirts to wear while on the water as it has UPF 50+ sun protection and Sphere HO stretch poplin polyester that dries quickly without compromising movement. The sun collar helps for added protection on the super bright summer days while the oversized button hole allow you to hang your sunglasses if the sun tucks behind the clouds. There is also a two snap chest pocket that’ll hold other small gear. The Sphero HO Stretch Poplin is made of 89% Polyester, 11% Spandex, 75% Denier, and 152 g/m2 with WR finish. Basically, that all means that this shirt is really comfortable because of the four-way stretch material, and durable from the sturdy fibers that help to maintain its shape through many wears.
- Tetonic Twill™, 94% Nylon 6% Spandex, 168 g/m2 with WR finish
- Reinforced Cuffs and Back Yoke Nylon Super Faille, 100% Nylon, 137 g/m2 with 80/20 DWR
- Comfort weft stretch fabric with good recovery
- Storm flap covers a YKK® zipper at center front with cording pull
- Shirting collar with custom TPU snap at collar stand
- Pinecone emboss TPU snaps at cuff and placket
- YKK® zippered chest pocket with custom Stio® slider
- On seam hand pockets
- Embroidered Stio® and Pinecone logos
On those days where it’s still just a tad breezy or cold, the Coburn Jacket is the perfect companion to help you stay comfortable while you enjoy the outdoors. It’s proven to be comfortable, durable, and practical in multiple different scenarios. It proved to be the perfect shirt/jacket to wear while camping, evening boat rides, and early morning hikes. The Tetonic Twill material is made of 94% Nylon and 6% Spandex with water repellent finish. While not as stretchy as the CFS shirt, there is still some give in the material to allow for easy free movement. This shirt/jacket combo is proved to be quite durable while hiking through the woods, thanks to the abrasion resistant nylon blend material. You can order a size smaller to wear as a shirt or tad larger to wear as a light jacket. The mesh-lined hand pockets and zippered chest pockets make it feel more like a jacket as you can stash more essentials away, but the light weight material make it comfortable like a shirt. Best of both worlds? We think so.