Searching for an ultra rugged, waterproof, dustproof and shock-resistant digital camera? Well… I believe we’ve found the holy grail! The Pentax Optio WG-2 was designed for adventure and features an impressive back-illuminated 16 megapixel CMOS image sensor and powerful imaging engine, which when translated from nerd-speak simply describes that it’s capable of delivering hi-res, clear, sharp images with less noise. The WG-2 is Pentax’s 13th generation rugged digital camera and they’ve pull out all the stops with this model. Some specs that impressed us the most were that it’s been cool-proofed to -10° (C), can withstand drops from up to 5ft and it’s crush-proofed to withstand pressures of 220 lbs. If you’re hard on equipment, love taking photos and live and extremely active life the WG-2 could be your new best friend!
- High-resolution Full HD 1080p movie recording (1920 x 1080 pixels) at 30 FPS with high quality h.264 compression.
- Waterproof to depths of 40 feet.
- Digital Microscope mode with one additional macro LED (total of six lights) for excellent macro lighting of subjects as close as 1 cm.
- A newly designed GPS module that delivers a shorter time lag before GPS start-up and longer battery life during GPS activation.
- A new optional SportMount Chest Harness that straps-on the WG-2 for hands-free HD movie capture of every exciting moment of adventure on land, sea or in the air.
Make sure to peep the embedded video below to see the Optio WG-2 getting used and abused in beautiful country of Belize. If you’re anything like us seeing is believing!